Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Where I'll be March 30 - April 2nd

It’s kind of hard to believe that it’s already been almost a year since I started at Pictage. The time has quite literally flown by. I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about what I was going to do for my one year anniversary and I’ve come up with the perfect answer. I’m going to the Mississippi Delta to spend a couple of days with a bunch of photographers. Not as Jim the CEO of Pictage, but as Jim the fellow explorer.


Here’s where I’ll be. http://www.rebirthworkshops.com/


I like the idea of this gathering. I like that it’s designed to promote ideas rather than indoctrinate. I like that it’s core is art, but that we are also going to explore art-meets-business. I like that I’m not planning it, that I won’t be speaking and that it’s going to be pretty intimate with less than 50 people there in total.


Why am I going? I’m going because I need a break as much as anyone else. I need a chance to sit and think a little and be challenged to do something I don’t ordinarily do. I also have enormous respect for the photographers leading the shooting workshops (that happen every day) and I know I’m going to learn a lot about how to take better pictures. But none of these are the reasons I’m really going.


I’m really going because the thing I like the most and the thing that benefits me the most in doing my job is spending time among photographers.


There are just a few spots left. Join me. We can hang out...


JC


No comments: